Friday 23 December 2016

Finishing the Dollhouse

Earlier in December I finally finished the dollhouse for my niece.  She had been so patient waiting for it, but I wanted it to be just right.  This is the first chance I have had to blog it due to laptop issues.


There were a few things I thought needed adding since the previous post, so I went $2 shopping again.






In the picture above I was missing two small diamonds near the front between the snow flakes. I got that sorted.




I think this wall as the right degree of randomness.  The blue sparkle pick up the opposit wall and the pink/purple/diamond sparkles match the pale purple of this wall.  Most of these were stick on sparkles, but some fell off after a few days so I super glued them on.



Here is an example of a sparkle falling off... I did replace it though.




I really liked being able to use these flower type shapes finally.


I decided this wall needed a butterfly to finish it off.


Again I went for random pinks and purple sparkles on this paper.  To do too much would be over powering.


 This wall really needed some butterflies to also balance it.


 
I felt with the paper I used here being so busy, bright and colourful, that I would go for the framed picture look.  I saved the frames from the internet last year for class photos.  I resize the frames to suit what I want and then stick another picture over them an manourvre the sizing, group, lock and then I can resize.  I decided to go inspirational and hearts for these pictures I printed out.


I wanted to use felt for the flooring... but it was the wrong size and too expensive.  So I went to Spotlight and got some brown scrapbooking paper card and cut and glued to the floor.  It looks tidy and it doesn't takeaway from the colours on the walls.



As you can see I fixed the missing diamante.  Below are the photos of the finished product.




On the first Saturday of December, while my nephew and niece were at swimming, I "broke into" my brother's house and set up the dollhouse with the furniture in my niece's room.



When she came home I whispered into her ear to go and have a look in her room.  She was pretty stoked!  Not everything I bought for the dollhouse fits in the dollhouse, so I also got her a blue box to store things in when she isn't playing with them.




However, what four year old is that tidy?

No comments:

Post a Comment