Sunday 28 August 2016

Challenges in renovating a dollhouse.

As I have gone through this project I have encountered some challenges.  One being painting.

I got the blue paint on the ceiling in the interior of the house, necessitating the need to repaint the ceiling.  In the process of repainting the ceiling I get white paint on the blue walls... I can see this playing out like "this is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends... some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because... this is the song that never ends..."

Top right hand by the wardrobe.

So much white paint not where it should be!!

So either I am going to have to get a steadier hand or a smaller brush or resort to masking tape, because my cutting in is pretty crappy.

I also thought I would upstyle this table/cradle or whatever it is I got at the Op Shop.  It just doesn't look quite right.


So I decided to paint it white.  This is the first coat.  Taking bets on how many coats it will need.  And considering I need to hold it as I paint it, not all parts of it have had paint on it yet.



Another challenge has been making living room furniture.  This is what I was trying to emulate:


These photos illustrate me trying to make it, quite badly:


 



 



When my niece saw it she thought it was pretty cool... but she is four.  I will be having another go.  I'm still trying to figure out how to put the material/upholstery on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment