Monday 8 August 2016

Dollhouse Renovation Begins!!

This is my old dollhouse from when I was a child.  I have had it since I was 5 or 6.  Before me, one of my older cousins had the joy of this dollhouse too.  But for the last ten or so years it has languished in the shed, exposed to dirt, bugs, rodents and shed cats.



 
 

As you can see it looks somewhat manky.

In two weekend's time my niece is turning four years old.  I have noticed that her imaginative play is quite imaginative, and so I think she is ready for my old dollhouse.  Her mother is in agreement.  My brother will probably baulk at the idea, but I can't see him actually making her one, so I have decided we will renovate my old one, because it is of solid construction.

So I have every intention of renovating this old dollhouse into a very modern dollhouse.

First step was cleaning it up.  So out came the sugar soap, bucket, warm water and a soft car brush (don't tell Dad).  And this is how it came up:



Definitely a lot cleaner.

So I have some cool ideas floating around in my head for décor and furniture and I have been collecting ideas from Pinterest.  Check out my Pinterest Dollhouse board here: Melulater Doll Houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment