Saturday 20 August 2016

Getting ready to paint the Dollhouse.

The old Dollhouse is looking a bit dated.  So I decided it needed freshening up with a new coat of paint... and colours that were a bit more girly.  I'm personally not a fan of pink, and since pretty much every Barbie item is pink, I wanted to avoid painting the house pink.

So off I went to Mitre 10 Mega where a lovely lady talked me through paint options and set me up with some sandpaper too.

And this is the house after a touch of sandpapering and a rubdown with a cloth.



The colours I choose were Sky Blue and Lilac Pink from the Small Job range at Mitre 10 Mega.  I choose these colours because they were girly but not pink, they will tone down the pink of Barbie accessories, I like these colours, they won't dominate Bella's room and will tone in with other colours in her room.  These photos show the paint before and after stirring.




Isn't it amazing what a good stir does to change the colour from first opening the lid up!

And then I started the painting.  But that is for my next post.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment