Monday 15 August 2016

The Collection Phase of the Dollhouse Renovation.

Before I embark on a project, the teacher in me kicks in and I like to fill my head up with ideas.  Thankfully, so my head doesn't overflow, we have Pinterest!  So I have been collecting a lot of ideas and storing them here:  Doll Houses.

I also went on Trade Me, because I do not have time to make everything and I want robust items as my niece can be a bit destructive, to see what was available in my "budget" budget... but you know I am going to spend more than I should.  However I have managed to get these items below.




Initially I thought I would break the fold out Barbie house down so I could use the items in my house... but I soon figured out that would end up a massive lot of broken bits.  So I will probably keep the fold out Barbie house for her to play with at Nana and Poppa's house.

I still have another trade to pick up.

Then I went Op Shopping and found this:



I figured it was probably a baby doll cot... I'm going to change it up a wee bit (don't quite know how yet) to a coffee table.

I also went to the $2 shops and got these resources.  Wait and see what I will turn them into!


I wonder if you can figure out what I intend to make with these items....

And I went to The Warehouse and had a cruise in the Barbie aisle of the toy section.  The thought of making a realistic toilet was leaving me cold, and so I managed to pick up this wee set at a price I was happy to part with.


I also raided my teacher art stuff and came home with these to update the décor of the dollhouse.


I am trying to recruit an aunty and her partner from the other side of the whanau to also help me out with making some items.

It has to be finished this coming Saturday, 20 August, the day of her fourth birthday, so I can install it while she is at her swimming lesson!  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment