Saturday 20 August 2016

Painting the Dollhouse.

I can't say I've really ever painted much before... apart from art projects like let's paint a picture of camp or our holidays.  So today I got the crash course in painting the dolls house.  I already knew how to open the can and stir it (thanks to many years of watching The Block and Mitre 10 Dream Home), but the art of the brush is slightly different to the class.

This is how it progressed....


So obviously, this is how it looked after the sandpaper job yesterday.


I started by painting the roof Sky Blue and then thought I would paint the interior back wall the same colour.  I won't be painting the other interior walls as they are chipboard and would require a sealant coat first and I have other ideas for those walls.



The exterior I am painting Lilac Pink which is more of a purple pink than a pink pink because I don't like pink.  Besides with all the Barbie accessories something had to give.


So that is how it looked after the first coat.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the previous red roof paint barely showed through.  But I'm not green enough to know that a second and third coat of paint wasn't needed.  The doll house spent a good three or so hours out drying in the sun by the time I finished both colours, then we moved it indoors so I could get a second coat on before dinner.



I have to say, the second time round, I was a little more generous with the paint on the brush than the first time round.  So I may have to do a touch of sanding tomorrow morning before applying a third coat of paint.

All up though, I am pretty pleased with the appearance of the doll house so far.  It looks updated with just a new colour applied.  Wait until I get really started on the interiors!




No comments:

Post a Comment